BAE BAE is a mostly-female bike club in Portland, OR.
We are building the bike scene we want to be part of – one that is fun, challenging, and exciting while also being safe and supportive. We tolerate exactly zero sexist bullshit. We are not about speed or competition or snobbery; we are just a bunch of badass people who love bikes and are all about empowering each other, especially with regard to getting butts on bikes.
The qualifications for joining BAE BAE are:
- You must be female* (negotiable, see below)
- You must be awesome (utterly non-negotiable)
- You must be able to lift your bike over your head.
*If you are not female but still wish to ride with BAE BAE, you may apply to prospect with us for a minimum of 18 years, during which time you must throw us mad cash.
If you fit these qualifications and are interested in riding with us, read the following guidelines and show up to the next ride!
- BAE BAE rides leave promptly. If the posted meeting time is 7:00, be ready to roll out by 7:00.
- Our rides tend to be on the long side. Plan to make an event of it. You will get home exhausted and feeling great.
- We ride in all weather, which means it’s often cold, wet, and dark. Come prepared and dress appropriately. We suggest wearing layers, bringing a rain shell, and even a change of socks/shoes/clothes if you want to be comfortable hanging out at the end spot. (If being comfortable isn’t your MO, we’re cool with that, too.)
- We do not have long beer/store stops. Bring water, snacks, and any other drinks you might want to consume/share.
- Lights are great, but they must be solid. No blinking lights are allowed.
- Our rides generally end at a bar. Change into some dry socks and enjoy those beerlectrolytes you earned!
BAE BAE was founded in January 2016. Our Executive Team consists of (left to right) Hannah, Laurel, and Holly.